Memory / Dementia Care
Specializing in Resident-Centered Memory Care Through Generations
Memories are the threads that join families from one generation to the next. Stonecrest of Town & Country’s Generations program gives residents and their families the support they need for living with memory loss. Generations offers seniors with dementia opportunities to thrive.
The supportive memory care at Stonecrest of Town & Country is delivered in a kind compassionate way . . . reflective of residents’ lifestyles, routines and comfort levels. Staff engages with residents where they are, respectful of their individuality, moving in harmony with them.
Generations recognizes residents’ continued desire for dignity and individuality, a sense of belonging and opportunities for gratifying interactions with others. It draws on residents’ strengths, allows them to maintain existing abilities and fills gaps in life skills with an appropriate level of assistance.
The specially trained team members receive continuing education in “best practices” of dementia care. They use appropriate, progressive techniques, memory cues, verbal and non-verbal communications to redirect and reorient residents. They understand and respond compassionately to residents’ behaviors and changing abilities.
While the reality of memory loss may be difficult, Generations Memory Care at Stonecrest of Town & Country helps build on the best memories possible for residents and their families. It allows residents to enjoy simple things in life – connecting and sharing precious moments.
OUR AMENITY-ABUNDANT LIFESTYLE
- 26 purpose-built memory care suites, with both private studio and shared options available (see our floor plans)
- Individual apartment climate control
- Maintenance and utilities package included
- Caring, professional staffing 24 hours a day
- Nurse on staff to monitor health needs
- Specialized Vibrant Life programming with an unique calendar of daily activities, to engage the mind, body and spirit
- Social and recreational events
- Music and Art Therapy, including Music & Memory
- Weekly housekeeping
- Life stations throughout Generations community
- Beautifully designed courtyard and common areas
- Elegant restaurant-style dining
- Spacious living room with fireplace
- Outdoor gardening settings with dedicated walking paths